In March, Clas Ohlson and Clas Ohlson Foundation donated 250,000 SEK each, a total of 500,000 SEK to UNHCR. Here is a report on what we have contributed to so far.
Since the start of the war in Ukraine, more than four million people have fled the country, and more than 6,5 million people are refugees inside of Ukraine (internally displaced persons). The need for help is great.
UNHCR has sent us a report of their activities during the first month of the war. Here is a short summary.
Inside Ukraine, UNHCR has:
- Distributed urgent supplies to 95,000 people, including to the hardest hit cities of Kharkiv and Sumy.
- Provided support to 73 reception centres in order to build up their capacity to receive more people.
- Launched a programme with cash money assistance aiming to reach 360,000 people. Since the start 17 of March, 8,913 people had received cash support for their basic needs.
- Sent a convoy of four trucks to the occupied city of Sumy where the situation is critical, delivering basic supplies to 2,000 people. Other convoys have distributed supplies to 3,000 people in Kharkiv, and lifesaving relief items to people having managed to flee from Mariupol.
- Set up new warehouses for humanitarian supplies in Lviv, Vinnytsia, Uzhhorod and Chernivtsi. From these places, distribution with supplies to 1,5 million people is now carried out.
UNHCR is also coordinating and providing help in the neighbouring countries, to where refugees are fleeing.
For more details and activities, please visit: